- Brand strategy, customer research.
- Journey mapping, storyboarding and wire-framing. Prototyping in Figma. Currently enrolled in a UX Certification program at UNO.
- Visual Design
- Designing comps establishing layout, color palette, and typography. Illustrating icons and graphic elements.
Front End Development
- Building interfaces that prioritize users with vision impairments, cognitive impairments, and limited mobility.
- Performance auditing with in-browser tools and Lighthouse. Automating media optimization.
- Writing semantic and accessible markup. Templating with Pug, Nunjucks, Liquid, and Markdown.
- Authoring responsive, cross-browser compatible stylesheets. Applying intrinsic layouts with flexbox and grid. Preprocessing with Sass and Stylus. Using BEM and Atomic methodologies.
- Manipulating the DOM, animating canvas and SVG elements. Component frameworks: Svelte.js. Libraries: Snap.svg, jQuery. Generating static sites using Eleventy and Gulp.
Sediment PressOwner & Creative Director
I founded Sediment Press in 2012 as a design and screen printing company. We provide web and graphic design for small businesses as well as produce screen printed artwork, posters, and cards which we sell online, in stores, and at art festivals. We:
- Attracted national businesses and organizations as clients.
- Received over $6,000 in grants.
- Designed and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of products.
Turnaround Arts, World Food Program USA, Live Nation, The American Society of Civil Engineers, Muriel Bowser's Campaign for City Council, The Del Ray Business Association, Raven PMG, Center Staging, DC Modern Design + Build
- Design websites, banners, logos, product packaging, posters, advertisements, and business cards.
- Customer service: clear communication, anticipating client needs, quick response time.
- Manage the production of print materials and merchandise for clients, getting estimates and comparing services from different providers.
- Develop products for retail and finding outlets for sale.
- Small business administration: budgeting, accounting, inventory, shipping.
- Setup and maintain file servers for project file archives.
UX Certification CourseUniversity of New Orleans, 2019-2020
BA — Fine ArtUniversity of New Orleans, 2002-2007
Most Valuable LuneKrewe du Lune, March 2018
Designed and managed the construction of giant lanterns seen in the Pygmalion and Nyx parades.
Storefront GrantCulturalDC, July 2017
Created a pop-up screen printing studio and gallery at Flashpoint. The studio was open for the public to observe the creative process. Produced a series of large format prints and taught free weekly screen printing workshops.
Storefront GrantCulturalDC, September 2017
Created a pop-up sculpture studio and gallery in the NoMa neighborhood of DC. Partnered with Richard’s Carnival to create an exhibit of contemporary Caribbean Carnival Art. Hosted gallery opening for Art All Night.
Celebrating the CraftsmanWorth Higgins & Associates, April 2015
Sediment Press was invited to be a panelist for Celebrating the Craftsman Event at Artisphere in Rosslyn, VA.